Sunday, December 10, 2017

THE CRAZINESS CONTINUES

Damn. Accidentally highlighted an entire post deleted the damn thing. Let's try this again.

There is a FB page that loves to highlight some of the crazier entries they come across. This is one of the recent ones and it manages to cover just about everything.

As you can see this set covers just about every nut job conspiracy theory out there. And I wonder how many of the Mark of Beast believers carry credit cards now that I think about it.

For the record there is an Agenda 21. It's a nonbinding US resolution promoting sustainability. Not that the UN has any power to enforce it if it was binding. And no government has the power to enforce it either. Anyway it has become the punching bag for every nut job, conspiracy pushers from Alex Jones to Glenn Beck. What is it with their followers. Conspiracy theories seem to be more addicting than heroin and just as dangerous.

I didn't take Physics in high school. I suspect I MIGHT have learned how many tons of a material you would have to pump out at the altitude where contrails form in order to reach the ground. I do know that poison gases are applied at ground level in order to be effective. I suspect you'd be in more danger living down wind of large scale pig farms, feed lots or large scale agribusiness operations growing pesticide/herbicide resistant crops. Which breed resistant pests and weeds. Remember the old better living through chemistry motto in the sixties? What a joke.  No wonder evolution by natural selection is such a target.

And may there be a special "mansion" in the hereafter for the goons that invented those little lovelies. What is it about us humans anyway? Many of the ideas for pesticides and herbicides started out as poison gasses to be used in war.

I don't really remember when we got hit with logic and probability in high school. I suspect it was either in algebra 2 or the senior math class. Both electives and both had small classes. Far too late in my opinion. Basic logic should start in the first grade. With yearly repeats. It won't catch everyone and the Christian homeschool movement probably won't go near it. Another reason to tank so called school choice.

Oh, and here's a link  to the Wickipedia entry on the chemtrail conspiracy.

And don't get me started on anti vaccines. I was the proud sufferer of hard measles, chicken pox and mumps. I would have gladly skipped any or all three. Got both of the polio vaccines. Salk and Sabin. And we damn near lost one of my nephews to meningitis before that vaccine was developed. He was only eight months old when he got. Scared the living daylights out of the whole family.

Not nearly as good as the one I accidentally deleted. Oh well.


No comments: