Saturday, October 18, 2008

EXPERIMENT IN THE KITCHEN

They aren't the prettiest breadsticks I've ever seen. You won't find these at the Olive Garden. LOL But I did find a recipe for a soft breadstick. We aren't talking Artisan bread here. They've got milk, shorting and eggs in the dough. But, they're so good. It's a version of Challah dough. I've been trying to do something like this off and on since I worked at that little bakery in the mall. I haven't quite worked out how to make garlic sticks yet. As in garlic in the dough, not on the dough. And these are really good with cheddar cheese melted on top. Really, really good actually.

5 comments:

Ken Riches said...

I have seen worse :o) It is not the view, it is the taste. So, how do they taste ???

Toon said...

They look fine to me -- maybe because I'm really hungry right now!

Russ

Dannelle said...

they look delish! I love to bake bread, but I also love to eat it! Dannelle

sunflowerkat said...

I bake breads from time to time. Challah is my families favorites. I bet they'd like it done like this...in sticks. Good luck on your variations. Maybe you'll share your recipes....

Leigh/BlueDragonfly said...

I would never judge a homemade bread on looks! Only taste. The garlic sounds like a really good idea.
:) Leigh