Tuesday, April 14, 2009

CHILLY

Another day, another chilly April in Oregon morning. It’s freaking 38 degrees in Springfield this morning on the day before tax day. There is a promise of warmer weather by the end of the week and I have my chilly little fingers crossed. Maybe we’ll get the arbor repositioned. Not maybe, we will get it done. We have two shrubs to plant and we can’t plant the evergreen clematis until we know where the arbor will be. Arrrrrgh, look out mud, here I come.


One of these years we’ll finally get everything where it should be in the yard. And I have a slightly used bridge in Manhattan for sale. I don’t think it’ll happen in this lifetime. If only because what plants are supposed to do according to the little tags that come with them don’t always match what they do when they get to our yard. And that’s how is should be, I guess. Living things don’t fit in neat little boxes; God/des help us if they ever do. It would make for a very boring world when that happens.

2 comments:

Lisa :-] said...

Yep, it's been cold. But it's supposed to warm up some this weekend. That's what they say, anyway...

JACKIE said...

It's supposed to be seventy down here by Saturday. I do hope so; I really hate collecting mud on my clogs just so I can get to the blasted weeds. LOL