Sunday, May 22, 2022

EPITAPH

As usual I went looking for one thing and found another. Now this is a poem but I couldn't match the formatting. Actually I want folks to have a party. Have fun, tell lies, and when it's time (and you can't get to the coast) wait for a strong east wind and send me west on it. 

 EPITAPH  by Merritt Malloy

When I die give what's left of me away to children and old men who wait to die.

And if you need to cry, cry for your brother walking the street beside you.and when you need me, put your arms around anyone and give them what you need to give to me. 

I want to leave you something, Something better than words or sounds.

Look for me in the people I've known or loved, and if you can't give me away, at least let me live on in your eyes and not your mind. 

You can love me most by letting hands touch hands, by letting bodies touch bodies, And by letting go of children who need to be free.

Love doesn't die, people do. So, when all that's left of me is love, give me away. 





No comments: