Sunday, April 1, 2007

COMBINED JOURNAL

I posted this over on Pixels so I don't miss anyone.

 

Awhile back Lisa suggested a sort of combined blog involving several of us. Each of us contributing what we could. We all thought this was a good idea and that’s really as far as it went. The best reason being that is was Lisa’s idea and she’s been working seventy odd hours a week. And that’s just at the café, that doesn’t include house keeping, cat supervision and finding time to spend with her wonderful husband.

 

And congratulations Lisa and having three great days back to back. Hey, what’s fifteen bucks less on day three? That is so wonderful.

 

Sooooo, I’m going to make a suggestion. At least to get the ball rolling. Most of those who read Lisa’s Coming to Terms stop by my journals once in awhile. One of us, me maybe I’m open to suggestions, could propose a topic, we’d have a week or two to work on the idea if it’s something we’d be interested in, send the entries to that person and they would post them in a separate journal. I’m going to jump in with both feet and suggest mirror sites, one on AOL and one on Blogger.

 

I suspect our interests are very similar, and it would be fun to see how each of us would handle a topic.

 

Obviously I’ve been turning this over and have some ideas that might be interesting to kick around.

 

Certain politicians and pundits speak about a “culture of life.” What does this mean when we support companies that try to insert a terminator gene into plants so they can make more profits selling seeds? Of even the whole concept of factory farming plants and animals.  Drug companies and their advertising.

 

If we don’t believe in war how do we remain faithful to our beliefs when we’re faced with those who are willing to kill their own people to oppose us?

 

If we’re fighting a war for oil, what does it mean to use precious fuel to bring fresh produce and seafood in from the other side of the world? Would you spend time and money to go to a restaurant that served only local products and cuisine?

 

Most of us have a Christian background. What does the Great Commission mean you? Do we look for similarities in beliefs and work from there or do we believe in converting everyone to our beliefs. Now, there’s a patch of quicksand for you.

 

If you could plant the ideal garden, what would it be?

 

What do you think of when you hear the word family?

 

Is there a book or books that mean a lot to you? Is there a special reason?

 

The same with movies.

 

Do you bake, or have time for some other craft? Why do you do it?

 

As a matter of fact. Why are we doing this in the first place? Why do we write? My first journal is nearly three years old and some of you have been doing this longer than I have. So, what are we doing here?

 

So, what do you think? I’m not trying to run the show but I do work a job with nice regular hours and I don’t have kids. I do believe it’s good idea and I believe all of us could do something really great if we could just figure out how to get the balloon off the ground.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god!  Run the show, my friend!  You certainly have MY blessing.  I STILL want to do this, but I just don't have the time to be the organizer.

I would suggest asking Cynthia to design the "blogger" site. She's done a beautiful job with "Sorting the Pieces..."

Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

Run with it girlfriend. I will be happy to contribute if you will have me.
http://journals.aol.com/hestiahomeschool/HomeschoolingJournal

Anonymous said...

I'm always onboard to support new blogs and new writing.  I've got my hands kinda full right now with three blogs, but I'll help when I can.

Russ

Anonymous said...

I could still go with this.....
http://searchthesea.blogspot.com/