I don’t do memes very often. But this one looked like fun. Got it from Russ’s journal. The rules are per Russ.
* Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
* Go to IMDB (imdb.com) and find a quote from each movie.
* Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
* Fill in the film title once it’s been guessed.
1. What we have here, is a failure to communicate.
2. It’s a revolution, dammit! We’re going to have to offend somebody!
3. But, John. But if the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.
4. What don't you understand? I found the cure for the fucking plague of the twentieth century and now I've lost it. Haven't you ever lost anything doctor Bronx? Your purse? Your car keys? Well, it's rather like that: Now you have it and now you don't.
5. I think that when statesmen forsake their own private conscience for the sake of their public duties, they lead their country by a short route to chaos.
6. Doesn't matter what it was. When one man says to another, "I know what let's do today, let's play the war game."... everybody dies.
7. You know those five thousand ships you say the Allies haven't got? Well, they've got them!
8. Play it, Sam. Play "As Time Goes By."
9. Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends. My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill before this is over. The pity of Bilbo may rule the fate of many.
10. The fires of Isengard will spread, and the forests of Tuckborough and Buckland will burn. And all that was once great and good in this world will be gone. There won't *be* a Shire, Pippin.
11. Certainty of death, *small* chance of success... What are we waiting for?
12. Good night and good luck.
13. Whenever I despair, I remember that the way of truth and love has always won. There may be tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they may seem invincible, but in the end, they always fail. Think of it: always.
14. Name a shrub after me - something prickly and hard to eradicate.
15. I know, I know. We are Your chosen people. But, once in a while, can't You choose someone else?
16. Oh my God. I'm back. I'm home. All the time, it was... We finally really did it. You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!
I tossed in an extra one just for the heck of it.I'm not sure what this selection of films says about me. It's eclectic as heck. I avoided the oldest ones in the library, even I probably wouldn't recognize them. Good Luck. I'll post the answers later in the week.