Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A LONG DRY SPELL

This may just about be the longest I've gone without posting SOMETHING in a long time. We all hit these dry spells. I'm not sure if it's writer's block or total amazement with the political//religious scene in this country right now.

The president (and several other countries) negotiate a nuclear agreement with Iran. The likes of Scott Walker and Jeb Bush vie to announce not if they'll bomb Iran; it's just a question of when. Guy's, if you convince the Iranians that your are going to bomb them, assuming that the threat will be enough to lead them to salute to salute when your name is mentioned, what makes you think they're just going to sit there and wait for it. They may not be able to bomb us, but I'm sure they have enough anti air craft and defensive fighters to make the price prohibitively high.

Donald Trump is ahead in the GOP polls and no one outside of the GOP base is sure why. I'm not going to bother to list the "assets" of the owner of the world's worst comb over. Except to say that IMHO the man is batshit crazy and has spent too much time surrounded by people who said yes all the time.

And most of these candidates in waiting just don't look, I don't know, presidential. And I don't believe it's a physical attribute. We've had them all shapes and sizes from imposing Washington or Jefferson to short and dumpy little John Adams. It isn't the physical attributes it's the presence. Although try to imagine Trump getting off his helicopter, hair flying every which way, I can imagine Putin's smirk already. Take Jeb Bush or Scott Walker. I don't know about you, but their eyes remind me of a dead fish. There's nobody home. And I don't want to imagine any of these dweebs, especially Trump or Cruz within forty miles of the codes for the nukes. That is definitely a disaster waiting to happen.

No comments: