Saturday, November 5, 2016

WE'VE TRIED BEING UNDERSTANDING

and empathetic. It hasn't done a damn bit of good.

There were a couple of left leaning Christian pages on Face Book yesterday with the themes that we need to be more "understanding" of Trump's supporters. Have a dialog. Show some empathy, Goddess I think I''m going to throw up.

Those of us on the so called left who happen to be Quakers, semi pagans, outright pagans or fellow citizens who trying to keep this country from being dragged back at least a century have talking, trying to be more understanding, forgiving, whatever for the last forty or fifty years. It hasn't
accomplished anything except the growing contempt from the religious and political fundies.

In case you haven't been paying attention the Great Orange One has been endorsed by the KKK, white power militants, gun nuts and all around nutty nuts, I've seen websites calling for a race war and what sounds pretty much like ethnic cleansing.

Ever here of The Turner Diaries? It's the Bible for some of these haters. Google the title you can probably find a version on line. Read part of it if your stomach can take it. I have two nephews and a foster niece who would all have targets on their backs if these people ever came to power. The guys married beautiful young women who just happen to be mixed race. Indonesian and Japanese if anyone is interested.

They'd be in danger because of who their parents were and the guys would be in danger because they married them. Race defilement they call it. As for unofficial niece? She is engaged to a very good looking, smart, successful young man who just happens to be an African American. Race defilement again,

I also have no intention, nor do I see the need to be"understanding" or "empathetic" towards individuals who spout Bible verses that would turn women into baby making door mats. I don't have much use for individuals who use the C word to describe the democratic candidate, have indicated they'd be really happy if she were in prison or worse, Don't have much use for politicians who want us to believe that only Republicans can appoint justices to the Supreme Court.

I could go on, but I believe you get the picture.

Oh, and I don't want this bunch anywhere near my library. All those books on liberation theology, gods and goddesses, I think that is pretty self explanatory too.

No comments: