Sunday, April 7, 2019

I'VE STOPPED LAUGHING

In the eighties two of the last great miniseries were produced based on the the novels The Winds of War and War and Remembrance based on the novels of the same name by Herman Wouk. Not great. Not bad. The DVD version of War and Remembrance are priced in the three figures used. You can catch it on YouTube if you use the right search terms. I dipped into the last two episodes this afternoon. Heavy on the Holocaust.

Like so many other of us I get a kick out of watching the current occupant as the target of sarcasm and humor. This man is as funny as the plague. The cancer that is Trump is spreading world wide. The laughter is over. There is nothing left but contempt. Cold relentless contempt. For him, his enablers and those who still support him even as he kicks them in the teeth. And I will feel the same contempt as I watch the Democrats begin to rip each other apart before the campaign season begins.

No comments: