Thursday, June 1, 2023

TREES AND STARS

Read in reverse order. Candles first, then the Universe and then Trees and Stars.


OoooooK. This shot is barly close to that mental image I had all those years ago. Trying to get my mind back to where it was. I definitely need to reread some of my old maerial along with basic geology and Heaven knows what all. And ok I'll hush up. For the day at least. 

When I first wrote the  Candle piece back in September of 2007 I tried to conjure up a mental candle or lamp because I knew I’d want to say it in times when I didn’t have a real candle handy. Well I asked for one and got a room full. Big ones, little ones, short ones, tall ones. All reflecting off each other. And this is where it got a little weird. Ok, really weird. Those “imaginary” candles tended to do crazy things, like zip out of the room when I thought about someone who needed a little extra “hey look out for ……” And go in the right direction I might add. One of our old J Land buddies was having some problems. And about the time I was thinking “I wish I could…” one of those little candles set out for Kansas.

Anyway, I got lazy for awhile and didn’t get back to it as often as I really should have. And at the same time I was working on the idea of a world tree. Well I went to my little candle room. Only it wasn’t a room anymore. It was night and the stars were shining. Glowing with brilliance I’ve never seen in this life. And then the Aurora just popped in. How did it do that, but come on in and join the party. Ok, just go with the flow here, obviously was not the one controlling the party that night. 

Anyway, as I read through the piece and let my candles light up, they weren’t bunched up in a room. They were in a line stretching away from me and going up, as if they were climbing up the side of a mountain. At the top of the mountain was a great tree, black against the stars. And the candles climbed up into the branches of the tree until it was filled, overfilled even, and it rivaled the stars.

Um, I still don't think I was responsible for all those lights. I just think I tapped into a whole lot of people doing the same thing, and that's how my mind interpreted it. And just think how it would look if the whole six plus billion people on this little ball lit a candle whether they had a real one to light or not. Heck for all I know they were. Keep them lit folks, we still need all the help we can get. In fact we need it more than ever.

No comments: