Friday, September 12, 2014

WHEN SOME THINGS FALL APART LOL

There will be a slight delay in any entries about the Kafkaesque events surrounding the statewide contamination of Michigan with PBB's back in the seventies. I was rereading the book when it literally fell apart. Turns out the binding wasn't stitched, just glued. Thank heaven the pages were folioed. Anyway I found a really good use for those heavy duty rubber bands they use for bunches of asparagus. Got rid of the bad binding and used a lot of glue. I'm going to let it sit for a couple more days to make sure it's really dry before trying to read it again. And I'm still trying to figure out how to explain events that, frankly, would be totally improbable if someone wrote a novel using what happened. I mean, how many people could screw up at the same time? Looks like the barely good enough mentality has been around for decades.

Meanwhile I'm rereading Matthew Rothschild's You Have No Rights: Stories of America in an Age of Repression. Although most of the events happened right after we invaded Iraq some of stories might be good for an entry or three. Just to keep us on our toes.

No comments: