Sunday, June 24, 2018

WHO ARE YOU?

An adaptation of something I wrote several years ago.

I was the song, I was the singer.
I was the earth, I was the willow.
I was the hill, I was the badger.
I was the stone, I was the moss.

I was the meadow, I was the deer.
I was the flower, I was the bee.
I was the marsh, I was the heron.
I was the river, I was the salmon.

I was the sea, I was the dolphin.
I was the sea, I was the wave.
I was the wind, I was the gull.
I was the sun, I was the mist.

I was the dream, I was the dreamer.

The line about the gulls was influenced by something we saw on on the coast several years ago. We were watching gulls flying up the beach against the wind. A few minutes later a white blur could be seen flashing in the other direction. It was the gulls. Fighting  against the wind so they could ride the wind back down the beach.

It was fun watching them.


No comments: