Tuesday, June 5, 2018

IT IS NOT THAT HARD

Received a notice for jury duty in Lane County last month. But I don't live in Lane County anymore. I live in Eastern Oregon now.

Called the jury line. Well send us a letter. Because of privacy issues we don't have a way of separating out the Lane County addresses.

Duh. You put the zip codes in a separate field. Sort by zip code. Is that address in Lane County? Send out a notice. Is the address not in Lane County? Don't send out a notice. I mean hard can it be?

The summons originate in the registered voter database. How hard should it be to do a sort and send that list to the office that creates the potential juror list. You can do it in Excel or any database program. I did it for years. It is just a matter of how you design the original database. Makes me wonder what kind of information is covered in computer classes these days.

And it isn't that hard to set up the address list. It's just where you place the individual fields.

First name, last name
Address
City, county, state, zip code.

I mean, how hard can be?

No comments: