Friday, July 10, 2020

MY SOUL HURTS

Wednesday is showed up on my news feed. The virus is surging in Tulssa and guess where a few hundred of the positives came in contact with the virus. No telling how many took the virus back home with them. About five hundred cases out of about sixty two hundred attendees? That's eight percent folks, eight percent. The folks running the arena had put out notices on the seats that would have enforced social distancing. The tRump campaign removed the notices.Yet someohow this "person" avoids even testing positive.

I consider myself reasonably liberal. But there is this worthy cause. And that worthy cause. All very good causes. All wanting just a few minutes of my time. Many wanting my name on a petition for this cause or that cause. I'm sure posting this material on the net makes you feel like you are accomplishing, I'm not sure what. I'm pretty sure that nobody in the White House of the Senate is going to see your petitions.

It isn't as glorious but organizing voter registration drives would be useful. Organizing transportation networks to get citizens to the polls would be really useful. Renting porta potties to serve folks wating in lines. Making sure polls stay open until everyone has voted. Heck pass out sandwiches and bottled water.

And I discovered that the petitions came with request for a donation. You can probably get around that but now your information is out there and I'm betting dollars to donuts your in box will be overflowig with requests for only three dollars or only five dollars and we'll be over the top. Until next week.

And sorry but, what does stenceling Black Lives Matter in front of tRump's building on Fifth Avenue accomplish. He isn't going to see it. He probably won't even tweet about it. Yeah, it's showy. It's in your face. In the end will it change a damn thing? How do we convince people like the lady in charge of voting in the great state of Mississippi that the black folks registering to to vote are just as much citizens of that state as the white folks?

Some good news. Protests in freezing weather, facing state police and private security have finally paid off for the Lakota. The courts have ordered the Access Pipeline shut down and emptied. Whether it will really happen? It's a step. And if there is one piece of real estate I would love to see blown sky high it is Mt. Rushmore. That is land stolen from Lakota. Their sacred lands.

There's probably more. Rant over. I was damn tired Wednesday night. I couldn't even find a book to read, a show to watch. My soul hurts damn it. I don't know. Maybe it's one death too man over the years. More evidence that the man who is supposed to be a leader is not only not a leader but either a bald faced liar, insane, or suffering from dementia.

I think I'll  go walk in with Ellis Peter's Cadfael for awhile. Haul out my herb books. Find a little "soul' with Tom Cowan. I found a copy of volume one of the Carmina Gadelica on Amazon dirt cheap. Less than two bucks.  Help my brain not hurt so much. Lower the blood pressure.

I really do hope this makes a little sense.

No comments: