Saturday, July 8, 2006

HOW I CREATED THE LAST ENTRY 1

Just for the heck of it I thought I would do some entries on how I created the last couple of entries. I don't claim to have a lot of experience with Photoshops Elements, but I sure am having fun learning.

For the first layer, open a new file, set the size you need and choose a white background. For this one choose Layer Styles>Patterns>Angled Spectrum. And this is what you get.

And then you can go to Layer Styles>Photographic Effects>and choose the tint you like. In my case because I wanted use blue for the text, I chose blue.

Sepia is nice too. It's a nice brown and while it isn't a wood grain it makes a nice frame. The purple is nice too. It ranges from a nice pale purple to dark blue violet. For the final step, to give the picture a little depth, go to the bevel section of Layer Styles. The one I chose for this one is the Inner Ridge.

I think is kind of nice. For a bit of a thrill, go straight to bevels after you fill with the angled specturm and choose wacky metal. Very different, yes?

 

No comments: