Thursday, December 22, 2022

YOUR CAT


This meme is only partly true. Perhaps that cat was surrendered to a rescue because its human could no longer take care of their pet. People get old. They get sick. They get allergic, part of how I ended up with Midge again. Mom loved her, hated to give her up even though she was coming to me and I phoned her pretty much every day with kitty stories. Of course the pet doesn't know what happened or why. Thank heavens there are a lot more rescues out there than there were even ten years ago. I guess it's the almost self riteous attitude that bugs me. Here's hopig  you don't end up having to surrender this cat because of events that you can't control. 

1 comment:

Lisa :-] said...

I haven't adopted any "rescue" cats from a shelter. When the boys all died within eighteen months of each other, I wondered whether The Universe had decided I was done having cats in my home. I decided that if The Universe wanted me to have another cat, the cat would come to me. And have they! We're currently back up to five that we feed and care for--the Princess, who came with us from Scappoose, Dodie--who "walked in" three years ago after we moved here, two cats that belong to the neighbors, but they sleep and eat at our house, because the neighbor doesn't give a shit where they are or what they have to eat, and Marty--our "here-today, somewhere-else-tomorrow" feral who seems like he wants to live here, then disappears for a day or two. I miss my boys...but I have a bunch of characters to take my mind off them.