Sunday, July 29, 2007

SUNDAY BLESSINGS

As I was getting ready to get out of the car after going to the store this morning I spotted a hummingbird checking out out the flowers near the house. Ended up checking out the fire cracker fuschia. They like fuschia's and gladiolas in our yard. It was one of the larger hummers that lives in the area year round.

And while I was taking pictures a pair of tiny hummers spent a few moments playing tag in the dogwood. One even perched for a few seconds, then took off following the other to the yard across the street. There are chickadees calling back and forth on and off all day this summer. This is new. In the mornings you can hear a woodpecker on the hill once in awhile. A small flight of geese flew overhead on the way from the McKenzie to the Willamette just south of here.

I don't get to church very often. It's a rare thing for me to sense the sacred when I'm inside a building. Standing in the middle of our flowers watching the tiny hummers flit back and forth for a few moments was about as sacred as it gets.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, serene entry dear heart. Sacred is in the life we see all about us. Who said church had to be in a building. Sometimes church is working your spirit with the calls of nature. I loved this entry! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

You WERE in church!!  Perfect entry!

hug,
Russ

Anonymous said...

I think you're right about feeling more of the "sacred" in a garden than in a building. That's cool that you have a hummingbird species that will stay year-round, too. --Cin

Anonymous said...

That was beautifully vivid and brings to mind the day when I stood on top of the Grand Canyon, alone, with nothing but my thoughts. That day, as I stood high above on a cliff, made me long for the truth of who I was. Eagles were playfully soaring past me, and the clouds were drifting low and slow. The Colorado River was gushing a mile down and delivered an echo of its strength, making me realize that only something perfect and intangible could be responsible for all of this magnificense.

It's one of the most treasured moments in my life, and I thank you for making me recall that wonderful day.

F