Tuesday, October 11, 2011

LIBERALS CAN PLAY TOO

I know, I know reading anything Glenn Beck comes up with these days usually inspires a feeling of there but for the grace of God. Does make we wonder if he's on the same things Poe was taking when he wrote Telltale Heart and a Cask of Amontillado.

But I did get a kick out of this exchange of comments.

First commenter:

This kind of rhetoric is the same that played out during the run up to the Rwandan genocide. Don't be surprised when the baggers resort to the 2nd when ballot box results prove they are not the majority.

Me:

As a semi liberal, tree hugging, Quaker peacenik I never really thought I'd be saying thank God for the second amendment. It means that the far righties aren't the only onces with the ability to defend themselves¬.

First commenter:

“I was in Phoenix on business a couple of years back and noticed a healthcare reform protest. On one side there were about 40 liberals in favor. On the other about 200 baggers opposed. About a third of the bagger crowd was armed (including assault rifles). No one in the liberal crowd was armed. I couldn't believe what I was seeing in an American street. After 20 minutes, 4 men arrived, also armed. They crossed the street towards the liberals, stood in front of them, turned towards the baggers and unfurled a large sign that read "Liberals own guns too." The bagger crowd acted shocked and indignant but toned down their aggressive behavior. I hope they don't decide to test their misconcept¬ions in the near future because it will be a shocking lesson to say the least.”

Me:

Talk about your bucket of ice water dumped over the head moment. Shocked and indignant. What, you guys thought you were the only ones playing in the sandbox?


I love it. The old we can rant and rave and bring our AK47's to the auditorium where the President of this country is speaking and we're just excercising our constitutional right to carry. Then it's OMG the other side has guns too. Mercy me, whatever shall we do. Laughin in a very rueful sort of way.

2 comments:

Lisa :-] said...

Hmmmm.... Interesting conflict.

JACKIE said...

It sounds like the commenter didn't talk to anyone on the non bagger side. But, I expect those four thought long and hard before they made that sign and joined the protest. I absolutely totally hate the idea. But, there are some folks out there that scare the living daylights out of me, and I don't mean Glenn Beck.