Monday, April 16, 2012

WE ARE CREATION

Perhaps the cunning man was a many times great grandson of Amerigin.

From the Song of Amergin

I am the wind that blows across the Sea;
I am a wave of the deep;
I am a roar of the ocean;
I am the stag of seven battles;
I am a hawk on the cliff;
I am a ray of sunlight;
I am the greenest of plants;
I am the wild boar;
I am a salmon in the river;
I am a lake on the plain;
I am the word of knowledge;
I am the point of a spear;
I am the lure beyond the ends of the earth;
I can shift my shape like a God;

Amergin the Bard was one of the sons of Mil, the semi mythical invaders of Ireland who displaced the Tuatha de Danaan. Not just any wind, but the wind that blows across the sea from shore to shore. Not just any wave, but a wave in the sea far from shore. Not just any sound, but the roar of the great, rolling waves that break against the cliffs driven by the salt laden gales. A oneness, a claiming of Creation that sings through the generations.

No comments: