Saturday, November 25, 2017

PART 2 OF ?

December of 2016 and I was into I believe the fifth or sixth bout with cellulitis. With something else going on. An area of discoloration near the cellulitis blisters that would drain. Primary saw it. Wound Center got involved with the last bout. I was going to the doctor at each attack. Taking my meds. My test numbers for the warfarin never really settled down but they were in the accepted range.

After the last attack the doctor at the wound center decided to debride the the affected areas. Still don't really know the why of the discolored areas just that by the time it got to the surface the damage was done. OK debridement was done. Primary checked the results. I went into the wound center to have it checked. That day was a bummer. Breathing was hard. Got home. Discovered some petacchia on  my abdomen. Checked an hour later and there were more. Decided the hell with this and called 911. Went to MKW first. They were full. Sent me to Riverbend.

I was admitted and things get a little fuzzy. I think it was the second morning. Therapy tried to get me up. Right ankle was too sore to stand and I felt like crap anyway. After that? I remember some really weird dreams. Then I woke up. Flat on my back. In a different room with a tube  down my throat. It took a little doing but I finally got someone's attention. Finally got rid of the tube and the staff started bringing me up to date. I didn't find out until later that I had had four surgeries, I'd been out for ten days.

And really, truly I don't know how many installments this will take because heck, I still have a life and I can only take so much of this at one time. So be patient. Please.

No comments: