Friday, March 25, 2011

SOMEDAY OUR SPRING WILL COME

I cleanse my soul with the dews of Spring,
Light of mind’s refreshing dew,
Love of heart’s renewing dew,
Life of being’s restoring dew,
Cleanse and recreate my soul this night.
May the souls of all beings be
Peacefully preserved
From fall of night
Till day’s clear light.

In the Celtic calendar Spring begins about the first of February; midway between the Solstice and the Equinox. I’d love to have my mind refreshed, my heart renewed, and my being restored by the wonderful dews of Spring. But, this is wonderful, wonderful Western Oregon and the moss is in bloom. Boy is it in bloom. We're short on dew, long on rain.

I think we’ve had four days in the last six weeks when it hasn’t rained. It’s been wet, dark and chilly. March came in like a great big lion and it looks like it’s going to go out like a little lion, not a lamb. Could use a bit of sunshine right now.

No comments: