Friday, July 16, 2021

SHIMMERING MAPLE

Both of these shots are from the web.

 It took me little digging to identify the tree outside my window. And this shot doesn't quite do the leaves justice. I believe the tree is a Norwegian Crimson King maple. Quite a mouthful. 

I was pretty sure it was a maple even if the leaves were a smaller and shaped a little different from the maples I was used to. The this spring came and yep, there were maple seeds all over the place. I'd never been close enough to a maple to see it bloom. Although blooms on trees are not as impressive say the flowers in your garden. 

Anyway, after coming out of rehab, again, I invested in one of those portable elipticals. Not the one you see on the tube. Second tier down, less expensive and about five pounds lighter. So far I haven't managed to make it go round and round but it will go up and down. This isn't really about my stepping away first thing in the morning. It's what is right outside the window. If you just look at the leaves they are a sort of bronzy

color, the younger leaves are still maple green. This is what you see when the early morning sun shines through the leaves. 

This shot is a poor example really. Early morning. Sun is shining. Wind is blowing. (When the wind blows in this part of Oregon it blows.) The light shifts and shimmers, The sunlight goes deeper and deeper into the tree. It's everchanging from minute to minute, second to second. 

Later in the day the leaves are still pretty with that sort of bronzy finish with a bit of a shine. Not as spectacular as early morning. I'm starting to call it my "maple leaf meditation." Lose myself as I pump away on my unofficial stepper. Hey, whatever works. 




2 comments:

Lisa :-] said...

Maples really are beautiful trees. We planted a crimson king in our back yard up in Scappoose. I really miss it. I LOVE trees. I can get lost in the leaves and branch structure of ANY tree.

JACKIE said...

Amen.