Saturday, March 23, 2013

MAY I BE A WEAVER


May I be as the one who weaves the cloth in a forest, deep hidden.

May I sit at work uninterrupted and may I remain an outcast if that is what it takes.

May I know the seasonal procession in my spirit and in my body, celebrate cross quarters, solstices and equinoxes.

May each full moon find me looking upwards at trees outlined on luminous sky.

May I hold wildflowers, may I cup them in my hand and may I then release them unpicked to live on in abundance.

May my friends be of the kind who are at ease with silence, may they and I be free of pretension.

May I be capable of gratitude, may I know that I was given joy like mothers milk, may I know this as a dog know it in her bones an blood.

May I speak the truth about happiness and pain in songs that sound the scent of rosemary as everyday and ancient kitchen herb strong.

May I not incline to self righteousness or self pity.

May I approach the high earthworks and the stone circles as a fox or moth and disturb the place no more than that.

May my gaze be direct and my hand steady.

May my door be open to those who swell outside wealth and fame and privilege.

May those who have never walked bare foot never find the path that leads up to my door, may they be lost on the labyrinthine journey, may they turn back. And may I sit beside the fire in winter and see the glowing logs of what is to come yet never feel the need to warn or advise unasked.

May I sit upon a plain wooden chair in true contentment.

May the place where I live be as the forest. May there be track ways where there are caves and pools and trees and flowers, animals and birds all known to me and revered and loved.

May my existence change the world no more or less than the gusting of wind or the proud growth of trees. For this I go in cast off clothes.

May I keep faith always. May I never find excuses for the expedient.

May I know that I have no choice yet still make the choice as the song is made in joy and with consideration. May I make the same choice every day again.

When I fail may I know forgiveness for myself. May I dance naked, unafraid to faice my own reflection.

By Rae Beth fro Hedgewitch

No comments: