Thursday, June 4, 2020

WISHFUL THINKING


Perfect fit for those wingnuts out there simply salivating over the prospect of hauling out the guns and ammo. Gonna take out all those folks that don't look like me, don't talk like me, don' vote like me. Of course that could include just about everyone. So what happens when you are the last one standing? When you are carrying so much anger and hate you just disappear.

Anger

Of the Seven Deadly Sins, anger is possibly the most fun. To lick your wounds, to smack your lips over grievances long past, to roll over your tongue the prospect of bitter confrontations yet to come, to savor tho the last toothsome morsel both the pain you are given and the pain you are giving back - in many ways a feast fit for a king. The chief drawback id's that you are wolfing down is yourself. The skeleton at the feast is you.
Wishful Thinking by Frederick Buechner

1 comment:

Lisa :-] said...

Welcome back! Just want you to know I'm reading... But I just don't have any pithy comments. Things are so f'd up, it's kind of overwhelming. I spend my time between trying to talk myself down from utter despair over current events and just turning my back on them for a bit to get a little perspective. It's hard.