Tuesday, April 8, 2008

THE MEME CONTINUED

This was fun. Reminded me of flicks I haven't seen in years. Saw Planet of the Apes when it first came out. Might be fun to do again.

 

1.      What we have here, is a failure to communicate. The prison superintendent in Cool Hand Luke.

 

2.      It’s a revolution, dammit! We’re going to have to offend somebody! A very irritated John Adams in 1776.

 

3.      But, John. But if the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.  Ian Malcolm in Jurassic Park.

 

4.      What don't you understand? I found the cure for the fucking plague of the twentieth century and now I've lost it. Haven't you ever lost anything doctor Bronx? Your purse? Your car keys? Well, it's rather like that: Now you have it and now you don't.   Robert Campbell in Medicine Man.

 

5.      I think that when statesmen forsake their own private conscience for the sake of their public duties, they lead their country by a short route to chaos. Sir Thomas Moore in A Man for All Seasons

 

6.      Doesn't matter what it was. When one man says to another, "I know what let's do today, let's play the war game."... everybody dies. A Polish allied general in A Bridge Too Far

 

7.      You know those five thousand ships you say the Allies haven't got? Well, they've got them! A German officer on the cliffs in Normandy in The Longest Day

 

8.      Play it, Sam. Play "As Time Goes By." Ilse in Casablanca

 

9.      Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends. My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill before this is over. The pity of Bilbo may rule the fate of many. Gandalf in The Fellowship of the Ring

 

10.  The fires of Isengard will spread, and the forests of Tuckborough and Buckland will burn. And all that was once great and good in this world will be gone. There won't *be* a Shire, Pippin. Merry in The Two Towers

 

11.  Certainty of death, *small* chance of success... What are we waiting for?  Gimli in Return of the King

 

12.  Good night and good luck.  Edward R Murrow in Good Night and Good Luck

 

13.  Whenever I despair, I remember that the way of truth and love has always won. There may be tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they may seem invincible, but in the end, they always fail. Think of it: always. Mahatma Gandhi in Gandhi

 

14.  Name a shrub after me - something prickly and hard to eradicate. Captain Jack Aubrey in Master and Commander

 

15. I know, I know. We are Your chosen people. But, once in a while, can't You choose someone else? Tevya in Fiddler on the Roof

 

16. Oh my God. I'm back. I'm home. All the time, it was... We finally really did it.  You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!  Astronaut Taylor in Planet of the Apes.

 

I think my favorite on the list is the one from Jurassic Park. LOL

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to watch 1776 with my kid but he was freaked out when they sang that "Open a Window" song. Had to stop watching it. Maybe we'll pick it up again in a few years. --Cin

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the answers and who said it! That's important too! Dannelle