Sunday, January 25, 2015


This story was in the local paper this morning. I am really sorry this man got hurt. I am really, really sorry that he may never be able to work full time or at all again. Time was when stupidity/carelessness at this level would have pruned the gene pool. Let's hear it for modern medicine. 


We had a burn barrel when I was a kid in Oakridge. We used it a lot. And one of the things that dad and mom drilled into our little brains was that gasoline and/or diesel or any combination thereof and open fires did not mix. Or that if the did the results could be unpleasant to say the least. I seem to remember a little gas and a lot of newspapers to get the trash fire going. 

This guy probably got the fire going, didn't react fast enough and it traveled right up the fuel stream, into the can and whoosh, you've got a Molotov cocktail on steroids. 

1 comment:

Lisa :-] said...

"it's all about taking personal responibility," according to the right-wingers. Hmmmm...