Wednesday, August 4, 2021

ITTY BITTY COMPUTER


 Anyone remember the scene in Apollo 13 where Jim Lovell is extolling the virtues of a computer small enough to "fit in a room/' Remember the computers in the command capsule?

I had to replace my cell phone this weekend. Got a Motorola,  not too expensive, heavy as heck. Hey larger than my old one. What I'm having a little trouble wrapping my brain around is this. Granted my laptop is a few years old but that little begger has more memory. About ten gigs more. In my frakin' hand. Nice extra. It has a stylus. A stylus that is a lot trimmer than my stubby fingers. 

This puppy is kind of heavy which should make my phone calls shorter. Or I figure out how to use the speaker phone. 

If civilians can ride a rocket with room enough to float around it's because their ride isn't filled with space eating machines with almost no memory capacity. 

No comments: