Friday, August 20, 2021

THE UNIVERSE AS MAGIC


The Crab Nebula. Corresponds to a supernova observed by the Chinese in 1054. At the center is a neutron star/pulsar that rotates at just over thirty times per second. The remnant of an exploding star, possible a blue super giant with a diameter 25 times the diameter of the sun. Say over 21,000,000 miles in diametre collapses to a neutron star approximately eleven to nineteen miles in diameter. I have trouble wrapping my brain around that. 

I've been at sixes and sevens over which way to go the spiritual search. I believed that following the science I love and the sprit I'm trying to follow were seperate. I've come to feel that they are not. We live on a planet constantly changing in a universe constantly changing. The dominant, or attempting to be dominat, religous culture in this country claims that the earth and the univers are static and unchanging.

That road leads to Aristotle's nowhere. The other road leads to magic. I guess magic is a good word. I just wish more folks see the magic. More to follow. My biggest problem is where to start. No matter where I start there is something that comes before, and something that comes before and, I guess you get the pictre. 

No comments: