Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I NORMALLY WOULDN'T

sully the pages of my blog with this guy's picture and it certainly isn't staying on my hard drive any longer than absolutely necessary. However, my born again cousin by marriage posted this. Thank heaven I haven't laid eyes on the woman since she married by cousin and they moved to Arizona. Oh, and he pastors a church although nobody seems to know what kind of training he has for this. The bane of the churches in this country. Anybody can start one and lead one even you haven't the foggiest idea of what you're doing.

Since I seem to have relatives that might think Sly getting religion is a cool thing I bit back all of the usual responses. And I know darn well none of them ever darken the pages of my blog. So I'm a chicken. Pluck me and serve me for dinner.

My first reaction was why in heaven's name should I care which famous person has got religion. Doesn't change how I feel. Although I get the impression that CBM thinks we should.

I wounder what the reaction would be if other famous people came out with "I'm a Druid join me in the oak grove." "I'm a shaman let's form a drum circle." "I'm a Celtic Reconstructionist." "I think Thor is cool and so should everybody else." And so on and so forth. I can hear the "why should I care what ________ believes." Well cuz, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Excuse me I'm off to take out the trash.

1 comment:

Lisa :-] said...

You're right...I couldn't care less who has "got Jesus" lately. I care as much about that as I do about who they sleep with: It's their business and if it feels right to them, more power to them--as long as they cut me the same slack.