Saturday, October 10, 2020

I'M ON THE PAPER ON THE TABLE

That means I am not "on" the table. Or proof that if cats had thumbs they would might be card sharps. That does involve some skill. I would hope they are too honest to be street corner preachers or right wing talk show hosts. Fox talking heads or politicians. Although. They can sit on the paper and claim they are 'not" on the table. 


An old edition of World Book had an entry ranking the intelligence of animals. It ranked dogs above cats because dogs were more "cooperative" obeying what humans wanted them to do. Personally I see it in reverse. When a cat discovers that an action doesn't lead to a useful outcome it's likely to go off and groom it's face. Midge will play with the red dot. And sometimes I think she's doing it to humor me. 

Now both dogs and cats seem to forget they have tails and act surprised when they spot that wiggly thing behind them that moves when they do and they can't quite catch. 


And then, of course there's this. Our cats never tried pushing thngs off the counters or the table. But their answer to "you are not supposed to be on the table." Was to lay on the magazine or the newspaper that was on the table, "I'm not on the table I am on the paper that is on the table. Silly human."


1 comment:

Lisa :-] said...

One of our "children" used to get up on Matt's dresser and start shooting things off, one by one, when he thought it was time for us to get up and get breakfast. Pen...keys...glasses... One of the reasons why the cats AREN'T allowed in our room while we're sleeping...!