Saturday, March 15, 2008

I DIDN'T FALL OFF

the face of the earth. But it kind of feels that way. It's weird. I have a stretch of intense creativity and poof, it dries up. Dry as a bone. Can't string three words together to save my life. Can't even come up with a subject much write about it.

Add sticking my nose in a book, working, drawing little diagrams of the back yard and a knitting project I wanted to get done really, really bad and Helloooooo, two weeks have gone by. I can surf and knit, I can read a computer screen and knit, I can't type and knit. And it was something I was doing for a friend of my mom's; I was going knit three, pearl three in my dreams.

About work, I access and use an incredible amount of paper. I know where it is, trouble is nobody else knows where it is. That may be job security, but it's driving ME crazy. I may have to camp in from the copier with it set to scan for the next year, but that information is going on the network and 95 percent of that paper is going in boxes in a nice safe storeroom until it's time to go to shredder. Paperless society? I haven't found it yet. Frankly, I keep waiting for the implosion as the entire dealership disappears over the paper event horizon into a black hole never to be seen or heard from again.

Oh, and here's a shot of the Bandit. In a pose that's just about as undigified as it gets.  I love to watch her in that position, half asleep and washing her face. Just sort of dreamily going at it. Not a care in the world.

And just a thought for the day. Cats may not build cathedrals, but they don't blow them up, either.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spent my Saturday in pretty much that same pose!  ;)

xx
Russ

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Hope the knitting project turned out the way you wanted. Bandit looks like he just finished a holiday meal! - well, got to study for exam- Dannelle

Anonymous said...

Sometimes things just dry up.  And then there are the times you have five or six things knocking at your brain and you don't know which one to run with...  Lisa  :-]