Friday, September 27, 2013

BACK WHEN

I only had two nephews with a little whozis/whatzis on the way and the other two were just a gleam in sis's eyes everybody was down for whatever holiday it was. Chris was four and Jon was about two. And Jon was following Chris EVERYWHERE. I don't know if it was because he adored Chris or if he was just the only person in the house who close to his size. Chris kept getting the litany. You're the oldest. You have to act like a big boy now. You're going to be a big brother. Etc. Etc. Etc. until he had a meltdown and ended up in the back bedroom.

We had a good talk. Well I talked and he nodded a lot. It was mostly along the lines of "I'll bet you're getting tired of being told you have to be all grown up now." Well, there wasn't much I could do about it except sympathize. I was the oldest too. But, I wasn't the mommy or the daddy. I was the auntie.

Anyway, when I saw this picture, it just so reminded me of that day.

Ok. Chris isn't a cat, but he is rather cat like. And he didn't actually apologize but he did quite heading in the other direction every time Jon wanted to give him a hug.

And now that they're all grown up, they are very good friends. Just give it time buddy.

No comments: