Monday, September 30, 2013

CREATION LAUGHS AND DANCES

I nearly drowned myself this morning when I found the link on one of my friends on FB. I inhaled rather than drown the keyboard.

Frankly I'd love to see this signboard with either/or Martin Luther or John Calvin's name on it. Too bad they didn't have Prozac or one of its cousins back in the 1500's. It might have saved a few lives. Luther isn't as bad as Calvin though.

In my opinion Calvin's take on predestination is one of the most hateful pieces of crap religious or other wise I've ever had the displeasure of learning about.

Salvation is reduced to a cosmic crap shoot or dart game. Before we were even created God destined a small minority for salvation, through no merit or lack of merit on our part and the vast majority for damnation also through no merit of lack thereof on our part.

That attitude is so far from something Eckhart wrote it's not even in the same galaxy.

"Do you want to know what happens in the core of the Trinity? I will tell you. In the core of the Trinity God laughs and gives birth to the Son. The Son laughs back at the Father and gives birth to the Spirit. The whole Trinity laughs and gives birth to us."

 Laughter. Oh we ache for it. We're starved for it. The Mother and Father of Creation laugh, sing and join hands with their children and lead us all in the great Spiral Dance of becoming. I wish I could paint whats behind my eyes.

And somebody else is writing this, not me. This entry did not end up where I started to go. That happens.

No comments: