Monday, December 23, 2013

WHERE'S MY TOOL KIT

So. Why are we looking at a slightly fuzzy picture of a set of nesting screwdrivers? A set that’s older than I am and that’s saying something. Now focus on the little fella on the right. Yeah, El Shrimpo. An inch and a half,maybe, if that long. Blade is maybe a sixteenth of an inch wide.

We have a couple of displays that needed lights but aren’t convenient to an outlet. Battery powered lights! Yeah, that’s the ticket. OK. We get the lights. Batteries? Already have nice big package at home. We get the lights home. “Remove top of battery cover. Insert batteries…yadda, yadda, yadda.”

Alright I’m a bit technically challenged, I’ll admit that, but most battery powered dohickies I’m familiar with the cover just slides right off. Tried that. No go. Now, I wonder what that eensy, teensy screw is for? Yeah, it holds the lid on. Now I wonder how many people have itsy, bitsy, teensy, weensy screwdrivers in their tool boxes. And even El Shrimpo was almost too big.


Anyway, the lid was removed at the cost of a couple of chipped fingernails and a few broad words. Don’t lose the thrice blasted screw for heaven’s sake.  But, hey, if you lose the screw there's always that universal fixer upper. Duct tape. Oh, goodie; don't need the duct tape after all. The batteries are inserted. In the right order. (I think it's time to get my eyes checked again) Let there be light. Wow, those puppies are bright. I’m going back after Christmas for another string of white lights if they still have them because these LED’s are bright enough to light up my little ceramic houses. And that would be a first. 

No comments: