Sunday, June 30, 2013

I WANT MY WORDS BACK PART 2

Perhaps the most important word that the fundies have hijacked is family. The fundies would have us believe that real families are the married couple and their biological children. Which would have really surprised my mom's family. Her dad died too young from complications of TB. He asked his best friend to look after his family. He did more than that. He married my grandmother and took on mom and her two brothers. And then they had a baby too.

And it would have come as a surprise to us after my sistre's started their families. Without anything being said I knew that if anything happened to their folks those boys would be taken care of come heck or high water.

Families come in all shapes and sizes not just the proverbial husband, wife two and a half kids, a house in the 'burbs with a mortgage and a minivan. So, either give it back or we'll just take it back. Now that I think about it, we've already started.

No comments: