Tuesday, June 4, 2013

KITTEN UPDATE.


Midge is almost ten months old and long. Long legs, long body, long tail. But still doesn’t weigh that much. I can still tuck her under my arm. When I can catch her. She looks so small all curled up. She keeps looking at the ceiling as if she's trying to figure out how to get UP there. There must be some fun things up there if I could JUST get up there. And she isn't nearly as demonic as this shot suggests. Just hard to catch sometimes.


Midge the sharp eared and sharp eyed loves to hang out in the back bedroom where there is a fan in the window. Outside smells drift in and so do sounds. I looked in the other morning just as she gave the window a look. Then something was moving back and forth where you could see it through the fan. There was hum and then a ruby throat popped up, bobbed up and down, flitted its wings and zipped away while Midge did a pretty good imitation of a mearcat. ‘MOM! What was that!”

The shrubby fuchsia out front didn’t get cut back as far as usual last year which means it’s already up and blooming extravagantly. The bees and the hummers are all very, very happy. I’m not sure what kind it is but it came with the house. Small leaves, small red and purple blooms.

This is not a shot from our yard. I filched it off the net. I have yet to get a shot of a hummingbird. Even if I have my camera with me. If you could get a picture of a hum, I'd have it made. LOL



No comments: